Thursday, March 5, 2015

Getting back in touch with my FUNctional self

This post is a reminder to myself that it's OK to set aside some time to do the things that make me ME.
I can't be the best me unless I take time for myself to do the things that I really enjoy doing.
And late-night (when I'm too exhausted to do anything else) nonsense time fillers don't count as meaningful ME time. (That's right... I'm talking to you Netflix, People, and USWeekly!)
No more reading about and watching other peoples stories. Time to get back to writing my own.
I can live a balanced life. I can take care of my family and still make time for myself - and I will be a better mother, wife, daughter, friend, person for it.
I will live my life as I have always wanted to:
I will enjoy the simple pleasures in everyday life.
I will make every day count - even the quiet days.
I will get back in the habit of reflecting on three beautiful things about my daughter, son, and husband every night before bed.
I will continue to thank god for every day, every day I get to take part in my loved ones lives.
I will enjoy life for what it is, life.

Until next time...
~ Brooke







No comments:

Post a Comment