Thursday, March 12, 2015

St. Patty's Day "Pot O' Gold" Nail Polish Gift

Have you ever been laying in bed at 2 o'clock in morning trying to get your mind to shut off so you can get some much needed sleep because you stayed up way too late the past two nights binge watching too many episodes of Scandal when out of nowhere craft inspiration hits?!?! This happens to me ALL of the time. It's like my brain finally clocks in for a productive day of work when the sun sets when it should be working on getting me some serious REM time; and then clocks out and screams "I'm tired" when the sun comes up. Go figure!
Anyways... I was finally able to muster up the energy and time to make one of my latest late night craft inspirations.

A cute little St. Patty's Day gift for my daughter's teacher who is an amazing person! She is fun, trendy, energetic, passionate, a Fashionista, and a lover of all things Pinterest. She ROCKS! If anyone can pull off gold fingernail polish, it's her! This would also make a great gift for any special lady (big or small) in your life.

This was super easy and inexpensive to make. Here's what you need:

Gold Fingernail Polish - I found mine at Walgreens for $1.99; it's SINFUL COLORS Gold Medal
A Sturdy Tag - I made/printed a shamrock print on regular paper, used a glue stick to apply it to a circle I cut out of green cardstock, & punched a hole using a paper punch.
Ribbon
clear tape - to secure your ribbon

Super easy! I hope Mrs. M likes it!

I know St. Patty's is just around the corner, but I'll try to get the tag printable posted soon.
That is if I can limit my Scandal episode intake and get a good night's sleep;-)

Until next time!
~Brooke

Linking up to:
Living Well Spending Less: Thrifty Thursday 
The NY Melrose Family: Whimsy Wednesday 
Sugar Bee Crafts: Weekly Link Party


No comments:

Post a Comment